Friday, December 4, 2015

Verbal Abuse - Joe Budden "Love for you"

Look, you liked me better before you knew my history/ Before you knew who I was That's when reachin' our potential felt likely/ Nobody like me/ Besides see if I stop bein' who I am I'm straight to it, who I might be/ But you gotta look inside each song/ That's where I proved it was really in sight all along/ Bear it all so the privacy gone/ Grab the pen, sit down and write these wrongs/ Just how I right these wrongs/ but look, You liked me better when I spoke usin' censorship/ Before you knew I was really insensitive/ That was back when it was you and me/ Then curiosity killed you, you had to Google me/ Now I won't call the headlines a liar/ Some are true and some are false, that's for y'all to decipher/ But look, on rare occasions some of what they say'll bother me/ I liked it better when the 'Net was still a novelty/ Cause now people who ain't found themselves/ Get an outlet, yet don't know how they sound themselves/ They like me better when I'm silent and don't have an opinion/ Pretendin' to blend in like I'm a minion/ Say if Joe keep talkin' that shit, he'll get him shot/ But if rappers can't tie my shoes, how can I not?/ Thought I had my city's support, I couldn't believe/ Jersey City liked me better when I couldn't leave/ I take it back, that ain't set in stone/ They moreso had weapons drawn cause I left alone/ I liked it better when I had nothin' to lose/ The days when I felt like I had somethin' to prove/ Shit, even for me that's unusual/ If you don't give a fuck then who you gotta prove it to?/ Just the world that I was born in/ You gotta learn to form wins against the storm wind/ They like me better when I fuckin' never call again/ Without it, they don't know what type of box I belong up in/ They like me better without reality television/ Guess they didn't need to witness the hell I was livin'/ In my shoes, you too would seal a fate/ Poppin' 20 pills a day, somebody gon' feel a way/ And so these hoes just to pass time/ After the past time, they don't even pass my mind/ You liked me better way before you got lied to/ But that don't really matter when you want me inside you/ Your friends sayin' leave, they don't know that you tried to/ You can't speak to them, I'm the nigga you cry to/ I liked it better when nobody ever heard of me/ 'Fore pop had to get that knee surgery/ Guess that effected his bladder/ So when Jackie called me nothin' else really mattered/ Was scared, sounded frantic, i ain't want no parts of that/ Said the ambulance came, might be a heart attack/ Was leavin' work nearly cryin' on the phone/ I'm in rush hour traffic, just seen you dyin' alone/ Look, I just pictured all the places that we never went/ All the texts that were never sent/ All the words we never spoke Time we never shared/ rewind so we can repair/ Such an inspiration, all the holes that you dug through/ Then you got released, God was watchin' above you/ I'm thinkin' you healin', I don't wanna disrupt you/ So I'm right back to never tellin' you that I love you/ And I don't wanna act that way/ If I take somethin' for granted, I don't wanna give it back that way/ Forreal, that's how shit get lost/ let me chill I like it better when I'm not talkin' over my thoughts/ now listen

No comments:

Post a Comment